Long Island natives TAKING BACK SUNDAY and AEG Live have announced two area events to help residents devastated by Hurricane Sandy.
A pair of sold out performances at the Starland Ballroom – originally scheduled for Nov. 16 and Nov. 25 – will combine into one “mega-show” on Sunday, Nov. 25 at Pine Belt Arena, on the campus of Toms River High School North in Toms River, NJ. Bayside, The Menzingers and Kenny Truhn will open. Tickets marked for both Starland Ballroom shows will be honored at Pine Belt Arena. This relocation means that more tickets will be available for these previously sold-out shows. These tickets will go on sale today, Monday, Nov. 12 at Noon via Ticketmaster.com, phone charge at 800.745.3000 and at the Pine Belt Arena box office. Taking Back Sunday, Bayside, The Menzingers, Kenny Truhn and AEG Live will donate a portion of ticket sales to the Toms River Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund.
In addition, Taking Back Sunday has announced a new show to take place next Friday, Nov. 16 at theBest Buy Theater in New York City. Tickets for this show will go on sale today, Monday, Nov. 12, at Noon EST. Bayside and The Menzingers will open. Taking Back Sunday, Bayside, The Menzingers and AEG Live will donate 100% of net ticket proceeds to relief efforts in and around Long Beach, NY, the hometown of several Taking Back Sunday band members.
Each of these shows will feature Taking Back Sunday celebrating the 10th anniversary of its breakthrough release Tell All Your Friends by performing the album in its entirety.
Taking Back Sunday bassist Shaun Cooper said, “We’re devastated to see all of the damage this natural disaster caused in our community and the communities around us, but it is always inspiring to see people come together and push forward. We’re making the best of this difficult situation. Thanks to the fans for the continued support and understanding why these changes needed to take place. We would also like to thank the Starland Ballroom for helping coordinate these efforts despite being located in an affected area.”
For fans holding Starland tickets but unable to make the new date at Pine Belt Arena, refunds will be accepted until 10 p.m. on Monday, November 19.
* If customers bought online or via phone, they may call 800.745.3000 to obtain refunds.
* If customers bought from a Ticketmaster retail outlet, they should return tickets to those locations for refunds.
* Customers who bought from the Starland Ballroom box office should stand by for information on the box office’s reopening. Customers who bought from the Starland box office will not be subject to the 11/19 deadline.
Additional information on these performances can be found at takingbacksunday.com,starlandballroom.com and bestbuytheater.com.
- Album Stream Premiere: Routine Faces – Us Vs. Them - June 23, 2021
- Premiere Fire Track: Ben Bostick – “Different Woman” - June 22, 2021
- Artists Of The Week: Discover, Support, Share - June 18, 2021